Substructures for UK Offshore Wind
Foundation design, construction and installation for future projects
Optimizing offshore substructures is one of the key challenges for reducing LCOE. Foundation designers have produced a variety of different solutions: monopiles, GBS, jackets, suction buckets and floating foundations. Looking at UK projects – different soils, water depths, fabrication timelines and installation challenges create many questions for the industry to solve. We’re entering uncharted territory; projects are larger, farther and more complex than ever completed.
Now is the time to have a close look at lessons learnt and define the room for improvement for the UK wind industry.
The conference aims to:
- Identify the future situation of UK offshore wind market to prepare for upcoming developments
- Hear from wind farm owners and market leaders how to meet their requirements
- Get informed how to design and optimize larger monopiles, suction buckets and jacket foundations to reduce the cost of energy
- Take up the challenge of wind farms in deeper waters with new foundations designs e.g. floating foundations
- Discuss methods for condition monitoring and lifecycle extension for cost reduction of offshore foundations